Raspberry Pi 3 Model B SATA HDD/SSD Storage Expansion Board X820 USB 3.0 Expansion Board Compatible with 2.5 inch SATA HDD/SSD
20 in stock
20 in stock
[Customers who bought this item also bought]
The Raspberry Pi X820 Expansion Board seamlessly connects any 2.5″ external SATA HDD/SSD drive with a Raspberry Pi Compute Module. With the Rasberry Pi X820 Board, you’re able to easily expand your storage!
– The X820 expansion board provides a complete storage solution for raspberry pi, only 2.5 inch SATA interface HDD/SDD hard disk is suitable for X820 Board;
– For Use With: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B/ 2B / B+
– Upgraded to USB3.1 Gen1 port; (SupportS USB 3.0) w/ high quality USB 3.0 Cable ( Lenght- 80cm/2.62inch; Diameter- 5.96mm/0.19inch)
– Operating System: All Raspberry Pi operating systems
– Supports upto 4TB 2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives (HDD) / solid-state drive (SSD)
– Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi
– USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s Bridge Controller
– USB 2.0 connectivity offers plug-and-play functionality on your Raspberry Pi
– Quick file transfer with high-speed USB 3.0 connectivity from a PC or a Mac
– External Self Powered – Do not require power from Raspberry Pi USB port
– Powers the Raspberry Pi – no additional power supply for RPi
– Duplicated Raspberry Pi HDMI port
– Power supply: AC 100 – 240V input 50 / 60Hz, 5V DC 4A output
– DC Power Plug Size : 5.5*2.5mm
– Output Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB , 1 x DC jack
Tips: For the power supply unit, please refer to
DO NOT APPLY POWER TO YOUR RASPBERRY PI VIA THE PI’s MICRO USB SOCKET!
1 x X820 Expansion Board
1 x USB 3.0 cable (Length: 80cm/ 2.62 inch)
1 x USB connector
1 x 2 Pin Power Connection Wire(Cable: 10cm)
1 x HDMI Adapter
1 x Install Screws pack
[How to use]
1. Do i need an external power source supplying for x820 board?
Yes, here is the specification: 5V and 4A with a 5.5mm barrel connector.and you can buy it here:
2. With a hard drive installed, could you eleminate the need for a micro sd card and boot straight from drive?
By specifications, the Raspberry Pi searches by default the boot sector in the MicroSD card, there are some ways to minimize the dependency, as passing the control to the secondary storage (mSATA / USB / etc) once boot is loaded, but the boot always pass through the MicroSD..
3. What to do if the X820 board could not detect the HDD or SSD?
(1) At first, please use the high quality power supply adapter(we recommend the official power adaper on sale:
, the hard disk will not been recognized if you use the low quality power supply, as the current of this power supply is not enough.
(2) If you still do not solve you problems, please run ‘lsusb’ command under linux terminal, and save the screenshot of the result, then send it to us by message, then we will figure out your problem together as soon we get your message.
[User Manual ]
The X820 Metal case is on sale now! This metal case with super mute cooling fan kit , it is very easy to install and a perfect choice for X820 SSD/HDD storage board user. Please click the picture to learn more detail: